Processing ACH payments from the Federal Government can be a challenge. Not responding properly to DNE’s (Death Notification Entry) and ACH Treasury Reclamations exposes financial institutions to financial losses, operational risk, compliance risk and legal risk. This session focuses on properly responding to ACH Treasury Reclamations and DNE entries to help mitigate potential losses. Important information about Federal ACH entries will also be discussed. This program is essential for staff responsible for ACH Treasury payments, reclamations and risk management.
The focus of this interactive webinar is to limit your financial institution’s liability. This session outlines your responsibilities to the Federal Government if a beneficiary is deceased but still receiving benefit payments. The NACHA Operating Rules still apply when processing these payments but the Green Book outlines the exceptions when handling DNEs (Death Notification Entries) and Federal Government Reclamations.
- The Green Book – how to locate, where to find details on DNEs and Government Reclamations
- How and when 31 CFR Part 210 applies
- Processing Death Notification Entries
- Timeframes for returning ACH Entries when account holders are deceased
- Descriptions of Return Reason Codes to use when returning benefit payments
- Processing Federal Government Reclamations, including timeframes
- Difference between Commercial and Government Reclamations
- Handling incoming ACH entries on accounts where the beneficiary is deceased
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for anyone in the institution responsible for managing payments risk including Operations, Operations Managers, Risk Manager, Compliance, Compliance Officer, Auditors, Electronic Banking, Branch Manager, Call Center, and Trainers.