Well-written communication can motivate and activate a target audience. You have many opportunities to engage your colleagues, customers, and business partners with written words. If your communication contains misspellings, grammatical errors, typographical errors, punctuation errors, and incorrect words and emotion, you will miss connecting. If you miss the connection, your audience may not respond with the intended actions. This session will help you reach your audience through improved writing.
- Structured Formula: What is the Purpose of the Message? What are the Supporting Details of the Program? What are the next steps to be taken?
- Discuss appropriate correspondence based on the relationships of the parties to the communication
- How to Convey Tone or Attitude in Written Form
- Balancing Content (Need-to-Know Information) & Context (Nice-to-Know Information)
- Managing Email: Permanence of Messages, Professional and Reputational Concerns, Problems with Socialization
- Handling Professional Correspondence: Controlled Emotions, Concise Composition, Thoughtful Attachments
- Grammar Tips & Techniques
We Will Discuss
- Proper Grammar
- Written Etiquette
- Emails to Colleagues
- Emails to Superiors
- Emails to Customers
- Mailed Correspondence
- Cover Letters
Who Should Attend?
All employees will benefit from this session, but it will be especially useful for entry to mid-level employees who want to advance their career path.