This is a rebroadcast from a webinar that was recorded in March 2017.
This program will provide bankers with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help you more effectively work with your business customers.
The session will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal “1040” tax return and the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
Each of the following topics will be presented from the perspective of more effectively working with your Institution's business customers:
- Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure, Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation
- Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
- Real Estate Issues including Rentals and Home Offices
- Employer Provided Benefits including “Qualified Retirement Plans” and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Planning Strategies including “Defined Benefit” Plans & Captive Insurance
- Estate Planning Issues including Gift Taxes
- Recent Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners
Who Should Attend?
This informative program is designed for:
- Commercial Lenders
- Loan Officers
- Credit Analysts
- Credit Administrators
- Relationship Managers
- Brand Managers