This is a rebroadcast of a program that was recorded in November 2016.
The commercial real estate market has its “ups” and “downs.” Prior to the “Great Recession,” many banks were heavily concentrated in this market. But as the market has started to recover, it is important that banks “cautiously” expand their commercial real estate loan portfolio. This requires an understanding of “commercial real estate” and the “loan transaction” process. Attend this Webinar to review the basics of “commercial real estate” including types of properties, environmental issues, and demand/supply in the “current” market.
This Webinar will then cover the actual process by which a “commercial real estate loan” is solicited, underwritten, approved, documented, “closed,” and monitored. The participant will also be provided with specific examples of commercial real estate underwriting techniques. Additionally, various documentation issues will be addressed which can often delay or even prevent the closing of a commercial real estate loan. The Webinar will conclude with a case study as to how to properly negotiate commercial real estate loans.
- Gain an understanding of how banks process commercial real estate loans
- Review the basics of commercial real estate including types of properties, environmental issues, and demand/supply in the current market
- Be introduced to the commercial real estate loan solicitation, underwriting, approval, documentation, closing, and monitoring process
- Review specific examples of commercial real estate loan underwriting
- Address various loan documentation issues
- Learn how to negotiate commercial real estate loans
Who Should Attend?
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, and business development officers