Email, social media, mobile devices, and the web dramatically increase banks’ exposure to costly and protracted risks including lawsuits, regulatory investigations, security breaches, mismanaged business records, damaged reputations, productivity drains, and PR nightmares. The creation and enforcement of electronic policies and procedures designed to minimize risks and maximize compliance is essential.
An e-policy “toolkit” for banks, this program reviews electronic risks and provides best practices-based policies and procedures to help banks reduce the likelihood of online disasters, while increasing compliance and enhancing communication.
In this program, Nancy Flynn, author of The ePolicy Toolkit, The Social Media Handbook, and founder of The ePolicy Institute, will reveal how to develop and implement a strategic e-policy program.
You’ll learn why and how to establish an electronic compliance management program incorporating written rules, employee training, and technology tools. You will leave this sessionarmed with the skills and confidence necessary to write, implement, and enforce effective email, social media, mobile device, and Internet policies and procedures.
- How a strategic e-policy program can help you anticipate & deflect potentially costly legal liabilities, regulatory disasters, security breaches, PR disasters, and other risks triggered by online use and content.
- How to develop best practice-based policies to help ensure compliance with federal & state laws and industry & government regulations.
- How to form an e-policy team.
- Why & how to use policy to help preserve, protect & produce valuable electronic business records.
- Three-step formula for policy-writing success: ABCs of effective policy writing.
- How to conduct an e-policy audit.
- Tips for effective policy training: Motivating employees to adhere to legal, regulatory & bank rules.
- Applying the 3Es of electronic risk management to protect the bank’s assets, reputation, and future.
- Supporting policy with best-in-class technology tools.
- Learning from real-life electronic disaster stories.
- Timely information, expert advice & best practices to implement immediately.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is a must for HR professionals, compliance officers, lawyers, records managers, IT directors, risk managers, operations managers, and others responsible for electronic policy and compliance management.
This session is a cost-effective way to help minimize electronic risks and maximize compliance through the implementation of effective e-policies and procedures. You may train as many individuals as you like for one set price. There will be no travel costs or time lost from work, and no one will be required to leave the institution