When you register for this webinar you will receive a complimentary 4-part Toolkit, which includes:
- Lending Advertising Checklist;
- Regulation Z Advertising Compliance Guide;
- Other Lending Advertising Considerations Compliance Guide; and
- Miscellaneous Advertising Requirements Compliance Guide
Even experienced compliance officers are intimidated by— or, even scared of— lending advertising rules; this fear is well founded, as countless questions arise upon review of the lender advertising guidelines: Which rules apply to which loans? Can I say this? If I say this, what else does the ad need to say?
Some times advertising rules for lenders are just down right confusing because different advertising rules apply based on the specific product at bar. For example, closed-end credit has different advertising rules than open-end credit; there are separate rules for loans secured by property (such as mortgage loans)- the rules are further differentiated if the loan is secured by a first lien on a dwelling!; there are advertising rules based on location: Is the advertisement inside or outside?; Is it a paper ad or an online ad? (Because you know the rules are different dependent on the medium of publication!); and, the list goes on and on and on....And, if you weren't exhausted already, advertisement and marketing is the OG of UDAAP.
We will discuss the various advertising and marketing rules outlined above - and many more! We will examine the types of advertisements that are considered Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts. We will also review the non-discriminating advertising requirements under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Fair Housing Act.
In this session, Expert Jon Tavares will share the lessons learned in reviewing thousands of advertisements and explain the lending advertising rules in a simple, easy to understand manner. In addition, Jon will explain some other advertising issues that are not exclusive to lending advertising.
- What is an advertisement?
- Regulation Z advertising rules, including
- Prescreened offers of credit;
- Open-end advertising;
- HELOC advertising;
- Closed-end advertising;
- Dwelling secured;
- Requirements for joint advertising with real estate agents and home builders;
- Fair lending requirements;
- When Member FDIC/NCUA, Equal Housing Lender, and the NMLS # is required;
- Reverse mortgage advertising;
- Social media advertising; and
- UDAAP in advertising
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for anyone who will address compliance issues for advertisements, draft marketing materials, or educate external vendors who will draft advertisements for the institution.
This session is an invaluable resource for the following personnel:
- Compliance officers;
- All lending staff, including loan officers, loan operations, loan processors, and loan clerks;
- Branch managers; and
- In-house and outside legal counsel