Financial institutions originate loans, purchase loans, acquire participating interests in loans, sell loans (or portions thereof), and securitize loans. Your bank's or credit union's credit exposure may be affected by external factors such as changes in interest rates, as well as internal factors such as changes inunderwriting practices. Many federal and state regulatory agencies have imposed numerous limitations and requirements on the lending activities of financial institutions.
This webinar is the perfect introduction to, and refresher of, both basic bank accounting issues, as well as unique aspects of bank accounting. In only 90 minutes, Expert CPA Paul Sanchez will help you understand the challenges associated with accounting and regulatory capital regimes at your Financial Institution.
This webinar summarizes the new accounting
standard (ASU 2016-13, Financial Instruments – Credit Losses) for the determination of the Allowance for Loan & Leases (ALLL) – the new standard that replaces the incurred-loss model currently in use.
This carefully presented overview should take away the mystique and in some cases the fear of the estimation (forecasting) requirements now required under CECL.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
• Understand of the circumstances leading up to current loan repayment problems
• Recognize the benefits of preparing an income statement in addition to a projected cash flow statement for agricultural operations
• Understand the magnitude of the difference between net farm income calculated using the cash basis schedule F of the income tax return and accrual-adjusted net farm income
• Learn how to access a “free” spreadsheet that can be used to prepare an accrual-adjusted income statement
• Learn comparative data sources that can be used to assess financial performance
• Learn the effectiveness of changes in operating strategies and loan terms on repayment capacity