All attendees will receive a complimentary Tax Refund Handling Checklist.
Each year, Federal tax refund time presents a nightmare of situations for institutions. From money mules to identity theft, nasty divorce situations to non-post items, institutions sometimes find themselves in high risk situations with no clear guidance on how to proceed.
Institutions need to be prepared for the onslaught of situations the tax refund season presents. Regardless of the scenario, there are some sound business practices that can reduce the institution’s exposure to loss and non-compliance.
This webinar, designed specifically for Financial Institutions, walks through typical federal tax refund situations and helps staff develop a strategy to successfully navigate potential pitfalls. In this course we will answer common institution questions, including:
- We suspect a customer is committing tax refund fraud. Can we do anything?
- When is our institution potentially liable for losses associated with tax refunds?
- What return reason code do we use if we need to return a refund?
- Can we check to see if an account holder is entitled to a tax refund?
Prepare yourself and your team for this challenging time of year! Attendees will receive a bonus Tax Refund Handling Checklist to ensure your institution has considered all aspects of handling tax refunds.
- Common federal tax refund issues including fraud, posting to wrong account, and non-post entries
- Funds availability exception
- Sound practices for managing risk
- Developing comprehensive handling procedures
- Suspicious Activity Reports
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for anyone in the institution responsible for managing payments risk including Operations, Operations Managers, Risk Manager, Compliance, Audit, Retail Managers, Trainers, and Senior Management.